Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Sheikh Abdirahman's amusing tales

Abtigiis   

Sheikh Abdirahman is undoubtedly a man of many tales. He has seen a lot and is not sparing when he divulges his astounding encounters in life. From the day the father of a pretty girl he was intending to date, asked himself for a date. Sheikh Abdirahman says he was a cashier in an underground bar as a young boy of 18. Apparently the old man who used to frequently come to the bar was laga –roone. Young Abdirahman, of course, told him up to his neck and threatened to expose him if he dare say one more thing to him.

Sheikh Abdirahman, as a member of Al-itixaad, had the misfortune of facing up to an expelled Mohamed Siyaad Barre in Gedo, where he claims a colleague of him who propagated the people against any support to the former dictator, was brutally killed under mysterious circumstances.

I didn’t even fake a chuckle when he narrated that one of his most shocking discoveries was the day he witnessed a man who had 11 rounds non-stop with his wife in 18 hours and finally started bleeding profusely. The Shiekh says the man was rushed to hospital and required blood transfusion. He says he offered blood but the Doctors said it didn’t match that of the recipient.

But the tale I liked most was the one about the feuding husband and wife, where the Shiekh says he played a key role in bringing them together. The wife discussed a list of problems she faced with her man, but mainly highlighted his negligence and carelessness as the major problem. The man denied all charges and was firm in saying his wife is possessive and doesn’t want him to have a cup of tea with either friends or neighbors. For Sheikh Abdirahman, he says, it seemed that while the man was hiding something, he proved that he has been giving the woman adequate masaariif and was taking care of her other needs too.

At that, she fumed and confronted Sheikh Abdirahman. “Waydii”she said, “waydii if it is not true that he doesn’t know about when I am sick and when I am healthy; when I am sad and when I am happy.” She continued, “ask him if he has ever asked me when I had washed myself from my blood?.” In the past, he would nod and say nothing. But of late, he has even started to feign cheerfulness but taunts me with misplaced joke of “cibaado, yours is strange. It goes away once every three months and comes back after 24 hours.”

“What more insult must I endure?”