Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Man Marries 4 Women At Same Time

WEENEN, South Africa (AP) - Milton Mbhele showed up for his wedding Saturday in a white limousine - with four brides.

The women each received rings and a kiss from the groom at the ceremony, which was attended by hundreds of people.

South African law recognizes traditional polygamous marriages - even President Jacob Zuma has three wives. Yet while polygamy remains common among several tribes including the Zulus and Swazis, simultaneous weddings are rare.

Mbhele, 44, a municipal manager in nearby Indaka, said the joint celebration would save money by combining the festivities. A traditional ceremony was planned for Sunday and there is to be a traditional exchange of gifts between the groom and his wives' families on Monday.

Mbhele has already been married to Thobile Vilakazi for 12 years and has 11 children, but did not specify who their mothers are.

"I want her to be happy," he said of Vilakazi, who was also given a golden wristwatch at Saturday's ceremony. "I think getting married to her for the second time would make her happy since I will be taking in three other wives so this will relieve her in some way."

His "middle wives" - as he described them - are Zanele Langa and Happiness Mdlolo, both 24.

The youngest wife, 23-year-old Smangele Cele, said she was looking forward to marrying Mbhele, even though it means she'll have to share him. She said the wives planned to live separately, with their husband rotating between them.

"It is because of the way in which he shows his love for me. He loves me in all ways," she said, adding: "We will not be living in the same house and we take each other as friends."

Juxa   

what is the point yaa JB? it will be another 50 years before xalimo agrees one wedding 4 wives

wali ilbaxnimadaa lama gaarin unless of course aadka timid s-land, i remember kii marrying 2 at once

Well, this South African guy broke the record and it is 4 at the same time now ........

what is your take in ?? ,,, don't tell me waa la sixray naagaha ,,, :D

nuune   

There was a town in Somalia where this man married 3 women at da same time, somehwere in central Somalia can't remember the town, it happened this year

of course the Hargeisa one's are familiar,

this one

arroos.jpg

The happy faces, no one can change dat

12631245arooska.jpg

Juxa, it can happen less than 50 years, and is happening now, if he can hold hands two women at the same time, he can do with four at da same time as well, easy!

There were others as well, don't have their pics, can be googled.

Juxa   

nuune it may happen due to severe hardship umada heysato

anyone notice how the women garbasaar iskaga xijiyeen ninka :D

Ismahaan   

Muslim men are allowed to have four wives as long as he can provide equally for them, but are they allowed in aay isku habeen 4 wives mehersadaan??

Verily Allah knows the best

The Zack   

Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

wale inu libaaxyahay laakin wareegto dheer aa sugeyeso

:D:D Good luck to him yo. It aint an easy to do it to 4 different wives back to back.