Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

ICE your cellular telephone NOW!

Baashi   

ICE stands for "In Case of Emergency."

If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cellular telephone under ICE, with the name and telephone number of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do.

Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cellular telephone NOW!

You might not want to stop at just ICE. Go ahead and enter an ICE2, ICE3, and etc., just in case no one is home at ICE.

This is an internal email prompted by a sudden untimely loss of senior engineering manager. Apparently this fella was walking to his hotel after returning Corporate conference talking to his wife on the cell and boom his heart fail on him (heart attack)...after a while the cell died.

Paramedics arrived and rushed him to the hospital. He couldn't make it. They then scanned through and randomly called a number in last called list which happen to be one of his buddies at work.

I thought I would share this with you just in case u didn't know.

ICE = In Case of Emergency, right?

I got a hundred of these emails after the London tube bombings. Needless to say, I have 4 different ICE numbers saved in my mobile. :D

Baashi   

Zephy, good move from ur part. I just find this out. Four ICE is too many I figure. Parent, sibling, friend and spouse...hmm not bad idea. Nice...I might as well follow suit.