Suldaanka

Hawd area in Somali region of Ethiopia potential Oil reserves

Source:  http://sw-oil-gas.com/projects/jijiga-blocks

SouthWest Energy has won three concessions to explore for oil and gas in the Jijiga Basin, Ethiopia’s largest proven hydrocarbon-bearing sedimentary basin, covering an area of approximately 350,000 km2 and in the eastern region of Ethiopia bordering Somaliland.

As of 10 February 2012, SWE had completed 100% of its seismic data acquisition programme and completed in-house processing of that data.  Additionally, SWE’s work on the block has included: a geochemical survey; a full tensor gravity survey using technology developed by the United States armed forces; soil testing analysis for the presence of hydrocarbons and the reinterpretation of legacy 2D seismic data.

The sedimentary rock in the Jijiga Basin is 10,000m deep and very similar to oil and gas-rich areas in the Middle East.  SWE’s three Jijiga blocks (9, 9A and 13) cover an area of 29,000 km2, with a possible overall oil volume estimated between 1.5 billion to 3 billion barrels.

A 3-well drilling program is scheduled for 2015/16.

2-0-26021-base-camp_940_500_s_c1.jpg

Just joking

Time to invade Somaliland for the little that may be on their side.

Time to join kililka, Djibouti and Somaliland and maybe add Puntland to one country called North Somaliland. Well will have different government than North Korea.

This would eliminate Takaruq war

Any sub-sub-sub clan conflicts would be settled with Liyu. No traitors to the south. Every body will be given 30 days to decide if they want to go to the south Somaliland. After that 10 years border will be closed and the two countries compete with measurables.

HDI, GDP, GDP per person, Health, Education, peace and order..etc At the end of 10 years the winner just rules the loser without any negotiated things. Stryle of government, culture, everything becomes ofthe winner...

NE Kenya can stay there since they are closer to take over Kenya than Puntland or Mugadishu iare to Somalia.

Tallaabo   

It is sad that Somalis across the Horn of Africa are destitute yet our lands and sea are teaming with natural wealth and are being exploited by others. Instead of fighting over grazing lands and meagre UN aid donations, if Somalis shared these natural resources with equity every bloody Somali on earth would be quite wealthy and comfortable. 

Duufaan   

There are 13 blocks of oil zones In the Somali region. Most of them are just close to border. What that means is you. can simply drill the somali side of the border. They should look oil in just the border. For Soomaaliland OOdweyne is good but too far from the border. Dhoqoshey is better. Their next target will be AWdal and Buuhoodle to Wajaale.rThan Galgaduud, to Bakool area. 

11 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

That's not good news for Somalis unless Ethiopia disintegrates. It would have been nice if they find something on the other side of the border.

Survey in Odaweine block on Somaliland side was recently completed. Insiders close to the data processing and interpretation are saying the results are very promising. A drilling campaign is scheduled sometime next year.  

42 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Survey in Odaweine block on Somaliland side was recently completed. Insiders close to the data processing and interpretation are saying the results are very promising. A drilling campaign is scheduled sometime next year.  

You can't do that. Is not allowed. Kililka is going to pump first put the wells real down and the oil on Somaliland side will flow to Kililka wells.

28 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

You can't do that. Is not allowed. Kililka is going to pump first put the wells real down and the oil on Somaliland side will flow to Kililka wells.

very easy , specially with horizontal drilling, :)

Somalis must act, and claim their land back.

Horizontal-drilling.jpg

1 hour ago, Suldaanka said:

That's good to know. Hopefully, they have favorable terms in the contract,

Tallaabo   

If I were a Somali in Ethiopia I wouldn't share a cup of water with the Oromo Neanderthals let alone oil wealth. Kililka should declare independence using the constitution ASAP. 

3 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

If I were a Somali in Ethiopia I wouldn't share a cup of water with the Oromo Neanderthals let alone oil wealth. Kililka should declare independence using the constitution ASAP. 

Even though it might no occur overnight, Self-determination for the people of Western Somalia is a foregone conclusion, in my opinion.

We are just gonna have to watch how the Oromos wanna play this: Will they continue to engage in the futile attempts to stop the Somalis from Galbeedka from their endeavors like their predecessors  or will they have the boldness to abide and respect the wishes of their eternal neighbors?

Somalis are prepared to deal with either path that they choose...

P.S

Kheeraadka Soomalida qof shisheeye ah inuu dhaco yeeli mayno!

11 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

First of all why all this oil talk now? This oil has been there known, contracts awarded, long before anybody knew there was oil in Saudi Arabia.

ASAP will not work now at this time, what will work is maintain the Autonomy, do as much as possible economic development, manage your own security inside kilil, make the people to see and truly be convinced they are Somali first before anything else.

Then you have choices and can choose based on the situation. Right now you will be going against America, against UAE, against Saudi, against Egypt as it is. Just consolidate and enhance what you have achieved so far should be priority.

I know its difficult to do for the independent minded and quick to action nomad, but there are times you stay low invisible if possible and do work that has to be done all times, development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

First of all why all this oil talk now? This oil has been there known, contracts awarded, long before anybody knew there was oil in Saudi Arabia.

ASAP will not work now at this time, what will work is maintain the Autonomy, do as much as possible economic development, manage your own security inside kilil, make the people to see and truly be convinced they are Somali first before anything else.

Then you have choices and can choose based on the situation. Right now you will be going against America, against UAE, against Saudi, against Egypt as it is. Just consolidate and enhance what you have achieved so far should be priority.

I know its difficult to do for the independent minded and quick to action nomad, but there are times you stay low invisible if possible and do work that has to be done all times, development.

I endorse these remarks👍

See, OO, you’re capable of some juicy stuff when you’re not busy encouraging Oromo/Somali violence..😀

2 hours ago, Tillamook said:

I endorse these remarks👍

See, OO, you’re capable of some juicy stuff when you’re not busy encouraging Oromo/Somali violence..😀

I have never changed my fundamental conviction that unless the Somali secures his house in this or that fenced yard, will be allowing everyone to come into his house through window, door even the roof.

Self government is the basis of every noble idea to be achieved. You can live under world government, region government, but if you don't have self government in your city, in your district, in your province...you cannot jump and play higher and be successful.

If you cannot govern your own kins and folks according to their culture, language, tradition and develop, what makes you think you can jump high above, more territory, more peoples....will be easier?

The one thing constant kililka needs is development. Without that will only be football of never ending regime changes.

• Like 1