Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Google Wave coming ...

MZanzi   

If it’s as good as it looks, and runs as well as it seems, this might be the beginning of the end for Facebook. Why would you bother going there - or Twitter, for that matter - if you can do everything in Wave?

Google Wave is a new model for communication and collaboration on the web, coming later this year.

Here's a preview of just some of the aspects of this new tool.

ss1.gif

What is a wave?

A wave is equal parts conversation and document. People can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

A wave is shared. Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit the content and add participants at any point in the process. Then playback lets anyone rewind the wave to see who said what and when.

A wave is live. With live transmission as you type, participants on a wave can have faster conversations, see edits and interact with extensions in real-time.

ss2.gif

Concurrency control technology lets all people on a wave edit rich media at the same time.

ss3.gif

Server-based models provide contextual suggestions and spelling correction.

ss4.gif

Embed waves in other sites or add live social gadgets, thanks to Google Wave APIs.

ss5.gif

NASSIR   

I like this google wave.

I don't know if I am late adopter, has anyone come across the google mobile App. I downloaded it on my blackberry curve. You can do all the search by holding the call function while talking. You don't have to type at all.

Google will soon overtake the Microsoft monopoly, I think.

Som@li   

Google is great, and I love this new wave. Libaax, where is SOL's next wave?

we need innovation... :D

With 85% of all desktop computers running on Ms, Google has long way to go to come close to Ms,

If only Microsoft would stop making crappy software and charging for it, I think they have a shot at catching up to Google. Talking about PC's, anyone know how to disable the security update thing? It always freezes my computer, and I have to reboot it.