Sign in to follow this  
Sister1000

High divorce rate amongst somalis ? Do you agree?

Ibtisam   

^^^Cuunto baadaan bey siinsia, and he once told me, he wants a obedient wife, where he is the boss, he does not want miid laa muuraanto

Paragon   

^Yup, it's clear that you 'don't like me'. Just want to get rid of me, soo ma aha. But I sticking around, lady.

Honestly, I can't see myself have an ever agreeable wife. I would suspect her to be working on some scheme to skin me alive.

If it is to marry an ajnabi, I would marry a practising white sister, or a practising catholic or a jew.

Malika   

Ibti,

Anaa uu haya gabadh mashaallah aa ah! Paragon wuxuu rabaa miid afgaraneysoo when he recites his poems or sing songs to her.

Wilashaa hadaan ajanabii iska sino,dee maxaa noo soo haari?..['Waiting to exhale' moment here]

Ibtisam   

^^^What do we (me & U care) I'm sure Sabriya is worried though!! LOOOL

Paragon: HAHAHA waxaan aad raabi iinu curry kaa uuro :D

You don't know what your want, at this rate you aint getting anything, it'll be too late, so make up your mind aniga aya kaa naxay and kuu qaabo :D

Paragon   

^Lool. Curry of all foods? C'moon. Guri uuni ka udgayo ayaan la rabaa. One beautiful thing about our women. Their houses are well kept. smile.gif

Malika, usheeg nooh. Igama naxayso qoftan Ibti ah. Aniga nin ajanbi la siiyo waan ka qiimo badanahay. :D

Ibtisam   

BOB for sure, thanks for the reminder. smile.gif

Guys in English from now on. Sister is going to be confused trying to read this.

Malika   

Oh.Where is the fun in that? Thanks BOB. :D

Paragon,your a treasure dee,all that cultural knowledge would be wasted if......

Ibti,I still care dear..Plenty of sisters around seeking,so I am for reserving..Lol

Originally posted by Sabriya:

sister we had topics like this one that we discussed how divorce rates are higher within the somali community. Today they are all just being defensive since they think your non somali. I guess sort of like we can talk abt the shortcomings of our community but you can't kinda thing
:D

salaam

Sabriya

Thanks for that comment

Yeah, It is clearly obvious that certain people (im mentioning no names) are getting over-defensive. Clearly, some people are acting like Im attacking them verbally with this thread when that is not the case. Some useful comments were made and some totally irrevelant ones. I wanted to discuss this high divorce rate matter and it seems like it has turned into a debate!

Just goes to show how humble, mature and thoughtful some people on this forum are.

The divorce rate of the Somali communities in the west is highly exeggerated. It is true there are divorces here and there when relationships turn nasty, but if you count things in numbers, the number of married and family oriented Somalis (men&women) are far exceedingly more than the divorsees.

Somalis talk big, exeggerate numbers and over dramatise the issue of single mothers. One more thing is that over nighty percent of the Somali families that are registered as seperate or divorced are not but married and lead normal familty life, they only cheat the system.

Blessed   

Xaraam calaykum, maxaad inanta yar ee inoo soo wareegtay san ugu bahdisheen? Maxay dadkeedu inaku sameeyeen oo aad u cayaysaan?

She only asked for your thoughts on a rumour she has heard from a fellow Somali, a rumour that we're all too familiar with?! The girl came here to learn more about us, our culture and this is how you guys show hospitality, generosity and kindness?

Malika   

^I see arrogance and ignorance from her comments,I see nothing about wanting to know about Somali people,she is far too concern about the negativity of Somali people then actually wanting to know about our culture,tradition and a way of life.

I am sorry,I dont suffer from lack of self esteem and I would not play her game.She wants to know my views/opinion and my culture she better come with a better attitude.

Sister1000, look in the mirror and ask yourself this question..What does it say about you,if your willing to marry someone you hardly know and on top of that you hold such a low expectation of them? What does it say about you as a person?

osman_nz   

Sister, the divorce rate is up in the somali community because why would anyone want to waste their life in an unhappy marriage. The other contributing factors include somali men wasting their time chewing khat and neglecting their family.

The women tend to waste to much time on weddings and gossip and all these un-neccesary thing in this one life time we get. So after awhile it reaches boiling point and u just got cut your losses and marry another lady.

Preferrably it's better to marry white women because their more loyal and take care of their family and don't hassle their husbands much, then somali ladies and for that matter muslim women in general..