Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Advice needed for Radio Show.

Waxan maqlay naago in la tumo ku raaxeysta ayaa jira oo markii meel kasta la jabsho hawsha gurigeeda iyo qancinta odeygeeda si fiican uga soo baxaysa oo sidaa ku maqsuuda jira

Anigaaba qaar shakhsiyan u aqaana ........

As for the Radio Show ... I'm starting a similar one here pretty soon IA ,,,,, but this will be in Somali and more local.

I'm not sure if it can be done here but there in London i suggest you start with more controversial issues concerning the Social issues among Somalis. Bring Somali Christians for example and then invite audiences for an open discussion.

Also bring rare and interesting issues that is not yet covered by the other media.

Ibtisam   

Archdemos is this for Nomad radio?? miis another new one?

Somali TV and radio is growing fast, hope they can break into the mainstream.

Can you please do a show on media influence and creating news? You can cover issues like: How to engage with the media, what procedures are available for compliment and action when they make up stuff about our community (a hobby for local and tabloid), how we can create and influence what is reported about us, rather than always reacting to bad news. Filtering and making friends with new emerging journalist, writing on media blogs where perception and opinion polls are constructed.

I think media engagement is key to creating a positive image about our community and we are so not even aware of it, we just moan to each other that there has been yet another article saying we stole and eat zebra from south London. :mad:

That is my suggestion smile.gif

Juxa   

^^ good suggestion

nothing says i love you that dharbaaxo inlagaga kacsho hurdada every morning.

i mean if your husband stops the occassional feer iyo farolaab it means he is getting loof elsewhere and a woman should be worried

goes off to find frozen peas! there should be a rule NOT ON THe FACE, not the face

Malika   

^I never understood why would anyone tolerate abuse of any kind,be it physical or mental..argh!

A segment on legal advice ..

A segment on education/career paths..

A segment on beauty/dermatology advice [target skin bleaching as a topic]

A segment on positive stories of positive people..

A segment on 'building islamic character' I think there is a massive need here.

A segment on 'intergration'- [the boggie word],intergration politically,economically and even socially.

Malika   

^Who is the victim, the man or woman? if man,so deservingly he is.. :D ,am kidding. Toxic relatiionships are a waste of life really!

Thanks for all your suggestions folks, we will try and incorporate some of your ideas into a 2hr show.

The radio station is called Nomad Radio, located in West London.

In particular a big thanks to all those who contributed such as blessed, Ibtisam et al.

It’s going to take a lot of effort but I’m determined to make it a great show.

Now all I need is a new name as the Politics show sounds a bit generic.

PS! My anonymity is about to be blown wide open. Good thing I didn’t offend any people on SOL. Then again it’s not in my nature. :D

Ibtisam   

^^Small world, already wa lagu garanaey icon_razz.gif Did you think waada qarsonadey. I was trying to see which of the friends I've seen you with fits the "I am not somali" story icon_razz.gif:D

Good luck, will check it out inshallah.

I think you should call it current affairs (there might already be such show on their thoug?) Or survival icon_razz.gif

(Your new avatar is worsen than the last, I find myself blinking, everytime farata iisha uu ka gelyo!) :(

LOL, some people found the old one repulsive so it had to go. Trust me people will know me, but they wont know of me.

i was thinking the same (current affairs)

ha ha life is pain represents my dark humour. ;)

Juxa   

Archdemos, having met you, i think you are admirable young man (if you are the one in charge of the marketing)

keep the good work, listen to blessed and ignore everything ibti says (she is too rebellious for a somali woman, she does not even endorse occassional beating by her loving kusband)

Ibtisam   

^^^Come on a hindi beating me, my dad will cook him in the Briyani :D

Somali men wa wax uga xararey, too many jokes about loving beating iyo black bags at shukansi stage :eek: :eek:

Juxa   

why shukansi a man who got jokes bal? as far as i am concerned men should breathe but otherwise keep quite

wax nacfi leh mashegan.

Waxan maqlay naago in la tumo ku raaxeysta ayaa jira oo markii meel kasta la jabsho hawsha gurigeeda iyo qancinta odeygeeda si fiican uga soo baxaysa oo sidaa ku maqsuuda jira

Allamagan

You just proved my point inay habaaran yihiin or maskaxda wax uga dhimanyihiin. :eek:

Maadey

Are you by any chance advocating for wife beating? Maxaad ula jeedaa xanuunkaadan arkin?

Juxa

Adiga you're just being sarcastic however, Nuune and Jacayl already added you to the list of battered women who ku shaqeeyo feero garaac(Sp?). :mad: